Friday, April 19, 2013

White with 1 ...... It's all about the cake !!!

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend.

I finally finished the challenge over at White with 1.  It took me almost the entire week to sit and down and finish it with all the kids after school activities !!!

The challenge was to use White, Yellow and follow a sketch.




Hopefully you can see the sketch in there :)  On my LO I've used Purple Pumpkin tags and tickets, washi tape, WOW chipboard, Studio Calico veneer shapes and Dylusions inks. 

These pictures were from Aidan's birthday party last year.  A "Superhero" theme with all the kids coming dressed up.  The cake is made by me :)   



Here is what my background looked like before I "prettied" up the page.  I've used plenty of mist, paint, water, ink and texture pastes.  


And here's a quick close up of some of the texture in the background




There's still time to also join in our sketch at Purple Pumpkin.  Would love to see more entries before the end of the month.  Great prizes up for grabs.

That's it for today.  Have a great weekend and until next time.....

Karen


6 comments:

  1. Love your layout Karen especially your background texture and that CAKE! How awesome! Bet your little man had a great day :) Thanks for joining in at WW1 xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant LO Karen....love the grungy textured background, fab photos and the title... LOve it!! Thanks for joining in with this months challenge at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creative background.....thanks for playing along this month at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful
    I love all what you done with this sketch, specially your creative background

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked it, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for playing with us at WW1 ! Your background is so well-worked and there are so many details !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. I hope you've enjoyed visiting and see you again soon :)