Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taken away....





As I said, scrapping has taken a back seat. I have stepped down from 2 of my committments as it was taking up too much time and I had other priorities. Scrapping isn't the be all and end all, to me anyway. I have finally sat down this week to complete the next Bird is the Word Challenge. Not my best work, but does it matter?? Does everything have to be "perfect" everytime? Does it matter what others think?? Maybe not so much now. I will scrap to enjoy it, and when I can. I will continue on my roles at BITW and WW1 as I do love these challenge blogs. I want to send a big thank you to Wendy and Mel for allowing me the time to step back that I needed. They are awesome !!!



Anyway, enough of that. The challenge at BITW is the use the word SHARE on your LO.









I haven't completed the WW1 challenge, but if you are keen to join in the challenge is to use WHITE/PINK/JOURNALLING on your photo.

I hope to visit everyone soon. Thanks for stopping by
xx

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's hubby. How tragic and I certainly can't even begin to imagine how tough it must be for her and her family. She is lucky to have a friend like you. It does make you realise what is important in life... Huge hugs to you. xx
    Btw, I love your BITW layout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kazz, still so shocked at this sad news and hate how such things happen. You are so right that life is too short and its unfortunate that these things are what remind us of that fact usually. Life is there to be lived to the max. Love your layout xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this gave me goosebumps. I did read about your friend of course but to put it all into words like this, wow, it really does hit home. And you know, I met with some girlfriends today and two of them told almost the exact same story of people they know. It seems to be happening, why? All of these people are too young to go and yep, they are leaving so much behind.
    So I know where you are coming from and we do have to prioritise.
    I still think this page is fab anyway.
    Take care and thanks for your congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend losing her husband, it's so sad and you're right it just doesn't make sense and it makes you rethink what is important in your life and judging by your awesome LO I can see that it's your family!! You already know I just LOVE your creations and this is no exception! Sending you a big squeezy hug, take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I wish you all the love in the world as you go through this tough time. Your friend sounds incredibly strong and so do you. It sounds as if you are the best a friend could ask for.

    I completely and totally agree with you that scrapbooking should just be for fun and something you do to enjoy life...that is all. No pressure.

    I just posted your layout to BITW. Thanks for sending it to me and as always I think you do gorgeous work.

    Take care and if you ever need a break or more time, please just feel free to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. I hope you've enjoyed visiting and see you again soon :)